I am a homeschooling mom, crafting mom, & loving wife. This is the start of a new adventure. This blog will keep you posted on my journey to starting my own business with what I love to do most. Create! I am going to see where this takes me. The experts always say to do what you love most and you will be successful. Let's see if I can prove them right. Welcome to my world of crochet.

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Challenge

I just discovered that I will be moving at the end of the month. So in this month I have; a daughter finishing college, my other daughter visiting with us so she can attend the graduation and party, homeschooling my son still, assisting the owner of the house we are moving to in packing and selling her possessions, and packing my house. These are all while still trying to start this business, attract customers by designing original items, and build up my inventory by crocheting each night. Who says there are no Wonder Women in existence?

My posts here will be further apart, and shorter, lol. Something has to give. I will be sure to come in here when something new happens.

Just like the new ties I designed last night. I don't like to be influenced by other products. I try not to look at something someone else has made while I make mine. This way I am not copying what is out there. Not to say it never happens. I have an item right now that I won't make anymore of. I just saw it on Etsy, the exact same look. I might have seen it some time back and liked it so well that it stuck. The one thing I don't want is to steal from someone. I will copy a concept, but the design will be mine. Other than universal items, like the sock monkeys. There is just one way to do them and have them stay true to character.

This is still an adventure for me, that I continue to enjoy. I hope that feeling never goes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment